Welcome and congratulations in honoring yourself with the gift of photography. This will be a soulful, adventurous, and artistic journey. Below you will find helpful information regarding your Photography Experience with Gillian Hunter Photography.
Photography Experience Assessment Telephone Chats
- Pre Photography Experience Assessment: Experience date/time selection as well as location vision exploration for Photography Experience. Proofing date and time selection.
- Day before Photography Experience Telephone Chat: Photography Experience detail confirmation and answers to any last minute questions.
- We have many locations that reflect mountainous/nature or urban/architecture to select from and will help you in selecting the perfect spot for your Experience.
Time of Day
- We photograph morning and afternoons. The exact time will be determined by the time of year and location.
How to Prep
- Be kind to yourself prior to your Experience. Start getting ready well in advance so you do not feel rushed.
- Stay relaxed and keep your group feeling Zen and happy.
- If you are getting an In-Motion Experience warm up and stretch prior to session so you are felling spry and limber.
What to Wear
- Select your wardrobe well ahead of time. This will ensure less stress and everyone will know what they are wearing. You also do not want to be scrambling and shopping the day of your Experience.
- Whomever is orchestrating the Experience: select the color you prefer yourself in, then select coordinating colors and patterns that work well with your selection. Cruise our website for inspiration.
Hair and Makeup
- This service is offered at an additional cost for General Portrait Experiences and is included in our Branding Experiences.
- Props can be great for certain Experiences. They are great for Senior Portrait Experiences as they can help show an individuals interests, hobbies, and quirks. We will discuss if props are appropriate for your Experience and what to bring.
Day of Experience
- Meet at designated meeting spot.
- Arrive 5 minutes early and plan travel time with possible traffic delays in mind.
- Be on time and if you are running late please text Gillian right away. This is important because our meeting time is carefully selected to get the best light and if there are significant delays we may miss the light.
- Sometimes there will be light hiking involved in order to reach our portrait destination. Bring shoes appropriate for this and feel free to bring fancy options.
- Please let us know ahead of time if anyone in your group has trouble getting around.
- We may be outside so prepare for any weather- jacket, water, umbrella, bug spray, sunscreen, and anything else you might need. We generally have all of these supplies but just in case you need extra.
- If you are worried about makeup please bring a light powder and lipstick to reapply. Hairspray is also recommended if you are worried about your do:)
- Be sure they are well fed and rested. Bring candy or a small snack to keep their energy up during the Experience. Avoid foods that will look bad on children’s teeth once chewed (ex. chocolate, licorice).
- Bring a favorite toy or blanket to help sooth if they get upset during the Experience.
- Put your patience hat on- kids do great during Photography Experiences when they do not feel pressured to perform. Try to avoid the “Smile, smile smile”:)
- Be sure they are fed and well exercised prior to Experience. Take them on a walk or hike prior to Experience. This way they will not have nearly as much excited and nervous energy.
- Bring treats to reward good behavior.
- Bring a favorite toy- preferably one that squeaks.
Post Photography Experience Proofing
- It can take up to four weeks to edit your images.
- If you live in Salt Lake or Phoenix proofings take place at your home- We will need a flat screen television with an open HDMI port and a WIFI connection. Please have the WIFI password available prior to proofing. We have all of the necessary cords to connect. If you do not have a flat screen or a WIFI connection please let us know and we will make other arrangements.
- Selecting frame and image size is much easier when we are at your home.
- Prior to the proofing be thinking of sizes and how many prints you may want.
- Please look over the price list to familiarize yourself with available options.
Editing and Touch Ups
- Every image is enhanced from the get go.
- Blemishes and other touch-ups will be done after you order and only to the prints that are ordered unless otherwise requested.
- Orders typically take 2-3 weeks for prints and 4-5 if you are purchasing frames.
Online Proofing & Ordering
- Your images will be online for at least one month for proofing and additional ordering. This gallery can be shared with whomever you’d like to see your images. If you need your gallery up longer please let us know and we will make arrangements. Also, if your event expires and you would like access again simply contact us and we will reload the images for you.